6G technology will be the sixth generation of telecommunication standards that is under development for wireless communication technologies. 6G technology will be the successor of 5G communication standard that was launched commercially in 2019. 6G is expected to lead new developments in the telecommunications and the technology industry and the technology is expected to offer significant improvements to the previous telecommunications standards.
The growth in the developments over the 6G technology has been led by the recent emphasis on ultra-low latency applications such as web browsing, multi-player online gaming, audio/video conferencing, and financial trading applications. Also, the total number of internet users worldwide stood at 4.13 billion, which accounts for more than half of the total population of the world.
Thus, reliable data connectivity is a necessity for the automated, intelligent, and digital world. With the increasing population, the demand-supply balances in the industries have become difficult to manage, which is leading to industrial digitization and automation. This is the case for smart factories and smart industries. 5G services have brought so many improvements in the industrial world, such as the developments toward Industry 4.0 and smart cities. With 6G being much better than 5G in terms of low latency and speed, the industrial world will surely evolve upon the entry of 6G.
The market for 6G technology has some immediate concerns that limit the growth of the market. One of the main challenges for the 6G technology would be the slow transition from the previous telecommunication standard.
The 6G technology is expected to be launched in 2030. Thus, developmental work related to the technology is expected to start by 2028 at a slow pace. As the technology observes rapid adoption across various economies, it is expected that the technology will achieve a market of $1,773.09 billion by 2035.
Companies Mentioned in the Report:
• Apple Inc.
• AT&T Inc.
• China United Network Communications Group
• Cisco Systems, Inc.
• Google LLC
• Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
• Intel Corporation
• LG Corporation
• MediaTek Inc.
• Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation
• Nokia Corporation
• Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
• SK Telecom
• Sony Corporation
• T-Mobile US, Inc.
• Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
• Verizon Communications Inc.
• ZTE Corporation
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
• What is the expected market scenario for 6G after it is launched in 2030?
• How will the current market developments affect the market for 6G?
• What are the underlying structures resulting in the emerging trends within the 6G market?
• What are the estimations for the 6G market size in terms of revenue starting from 2030, and expected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during the forecast period?
• What is the expected outlook and revenue to be generated by the different types of product offerings such as device and communication infrastructure?
• What is the expected outlook and estimated revenue of different applications segmented as consumer and industrial applications?
• Who are the different stakeholders, and what is their role in the development of 6G market?
• What is the current market size, forecast, and regional market trends for the 6G market across different regions, namely, North America, South America, the U.K., Europe, Asia-Pacific and Japan, China, and the Middle East and Africa?
• What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the 6G market?
• What are the new growth strategies (mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, expansions, products, and others) being adopted by the existing market players to expand their market share in the industry?