Globally, as of 13 July 2020, there have been 13,235,751 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 575,525 deaths.
Since COVID-19 is spreading over 100 countries, there are more than 13 million confirmed cases and more than 500,000 deaths, disposable medical masks are in shortage. Although many enterprises doubled their production capacities, there is still a big gap between supply and demand.
The imports of face masks rose by 692.16%, while the exports declined by 12.42% in the first quarter of 2020, compared to the same period of 2019 in China. Meanwhile, the price of N95 respirators and surgical masks has also surged dramatically.
According to CRI, during the epidemic, the largest source of masks imported to China was South Korea, accounting for 22.08%. And the main destination of Chinese face mask exports is the United States, which accounts for 36.64%
According to CRI, the major brand owners of face masks can be divided by three types: international brands of N95 respirators, other surgical masks brands, and OEM enterprises.
CRI estimates that global market scale of medical masks would be approximately USD 3 billion, especially market of N95 masks would be at least USD 2 billion in next five years. Moreover, due to shortage of production capacity in other countries, China would be the main producer of medical face masks over the world by the end of 2020. However, with the expansion of production capacity in other countries, the global dependence on Chinese face masks will gradually decline in next years.
Readers may obtain the following information through CRI report:
– Economic Environment of Disposal Face Mask Industry in China
– Policies of Disposal Face Mask in China
– Analysis of Supply and Demand of Disposal Face Mask in China
– Analysis of Imported and Exported Disposal Face Mask in China
– Analysis of Major Sources of Disposal Face Mask in China
– Price Trend of Disposal Face Mask in China
– Driving Forces and Opportunities of Imported and Exported Disposal Face Mask in China
– Forecast on Imported and Exported Disposal Face Mask in China 2020-2024