Oseltamivir is an antiviral drug used to treat or prevent influenza virus type A and B. Oseltamivir was invented by Gilead Sciences, and Roche purchased the rights to develop and market Oseltamivir under the trade name TAMIFLU. Oseltamivir was launched in China in 2002. Currently, besides Roche and its subsidiary corporation, another main manufacturer in the Chinese market is Yichang HEC Changjiang Pharmaceutical.
According to CRI’s market research, the sales value of Oseltamivir in the Chinese market has been increasing since 2016. The growth rate in 2019 reached 97%, which is the highest among those years. The main reason is that the number of reported influenza cases that year increased by 350% compared with it in 2018. In 2020, the sales value of Oseltamivir in China was approximately CNY351 million, which is dropped by nearly 60% Year on Year. The sharp decrease is because the home quarantine during the COVID-19 epidemic reduced the number of influenza cases. The CAGR of sales values of Oseltamivir in China is 14.8% in 2016 to 2020.
CRI analyzes that the sales of Oseltamivir will increase from 2021 to 2025 due to the increased likelihood of influenza virus infection in the future.
-The impact of COVID-19 on China’s Oseltamivir market
– Sales value and volume of China’s Oseltamivir 2016-2020
– Competitive landscape of China’s Oseltamivir market
– Prices of Oseltamivir in China
– Prices of Oseltamivir in China by regions and manufacturers
– Analysis on factors affecting the development of China’s Oseltamivir market
– Prospect of China’s Oseltamivir market from 2021 to 2025