According to a premium market intelligence report, titled “EV Battery Housing Market – A Global and Regional Market Analysis: 2019-2025”, the global EV battery housing is expected to create a market value opportunity of $4,478.0 million globally in 2025.
Electric Vehicle (EV) Battery Housing Market – A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Battery Housing Materials, Component, Cell Format, and Application, Supply Chain Analysis, Country Analysis, and Impact of COVID-19 Period – Analysis and Forecast, 2019-2025
The increased sales of electric vehicles have led to various automotive OEMs focusing on designing enhanced and efficient electric vehicle models, which may gradually replace traditional (internal combustion engine) vehicles. The evolution of lithium-ion batteries has significantly contributed to this growth of the electric vehicles market over the last decades. While initial hybrids used nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries, Li-ion batteries have been the primary solutions for automakers to power plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) and battery electric vehicles (BEVs). The high energy density and charge retention capacity, along with low maintenance, are some of the benefits that have accelerated the growth rate of Li-ion as battery technology. With the growth in the adoption of EV batteries in the market, the demand for battery housing materials will also ramp up in the global market.
According to Ajeya Saxena, Lead Analyst, “With the growth and development in the EV industry, EV battery demand is poised to shoot up in the market and simultaneously uplifting demand for battery housing materials in terms of value generation. Unique challenges exist when working with electric batteries when it comes to considerations for heat, flammability, thermal insulation, and overall durability, and therefore, choosing the right design and materials is important. Aluminum seems to have the upper hand over other materials, mostly because of its lightweight, favorable technical characteristics, and competitive cost.”
Who stands to gain from this report?
• Global EV battery housing developing and manufacturing companies who have traditionally been involved in the development and manufacturing of EV battery housing for the battery industry
What can they find in this report?
• Market dynamics impacting the EV battery housing industry, along with information on new technologies that EV battery housing manufacturers are adopting
• How the demand for EV battery housing is expected to shape over the next five years (2019-2025) across different regions and countries
• Detailed insights and information of key companies operating in this market, including growth strategies and product details
What is the use of this report?
• In driving a successful growth strategy – Helps understand those markets where the demand for EV battery housing is expected to rise.
• In driving a successful product strategy – Helps understand products that must be targeted if suppliers intend to capitalize on the EV battery housing revolution.
• In driving a successful competitive strategy – Helps understand which players are the competition and how can they collaborate with leading players across various regions to expand the company’s footprint.
Some key questions answered in this report are:
• What are the underlying structures resulting in the emerging trends within the global EV battery housing market?
• What is the current and future production of EVs and battery packs in different regions?
• What are the driving factors for the global EV battery housing market from 2019 to 2025?
• Which factors are impeding the growth of the global EV battery housing market?
• What are the growth opportunities and critical success factors for participants to compete in this market?
• Who are the major players, and what strategic measures are being taken to increase their presence and market share?
• Who is supplying battery enclosure materials to battery pack manufacturers and the OEMs?
• Which material will be a prominent choice for EV battery housing manufacturers, battery pack manufacturers, and EV manufacturers?
• Which application will lead the global EV battery housing market by 2025?
• Which region will lead the global EV battery housing market by 2025?
• How did the industry evolve till 2020, and how is it expected to involve by 2025?
• What are the key developmental strategies which are implemented by the key players to sustain in the competitive market?
• What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global EV battery housing market?
This report is a good compilation of research on more than 30 players in the global EV battery housing market. It draws upon the insights from in-depth interviews with key opinion leaders of leading companies, market experts, and vendors.
The report also profiles 15 manufacturers and key ecosystem participants in the global EV battery housing market. SGL Carbon, Minth, and TRB Lightweight are some of the giant companies.