The South America & Africa diesel generator market governs the energy consumption in prominent countries of South America & Africa for consistent & interruptible through diesel generators. Diesel generators offer prime, continuous and standby power output, where the end-users are sustaining frequent power outages and needs energy power backup.
South America & Africa diesel generator market is one of the rapidly growing market owing to the growth of urbanization & industrialization, which has resulted in demand for uninterruptible and ample electricity supply. The market is highly driven by factors, such as upsurge in the power outages & power failure, increase in demand for dependable & interminable power supply along with the growth in the hybrid renewable energy systems. Although, the high operating & maintenance cost of the diesel generators, and rise in the renewable energy technologies will act as major hindrances for the diesel generator market in the South America & Africa countries.
Most of the countries in South America & Africa are in their developing stage or are underdeveloped. These countries are highly dependent on the standby power generation or conventional methods of generation as power generation through the utilization of conventional method is expensive and results in smaller outputs as compared to rising demand. All these factors majorly lead to power outages in the region. Thus, most of the end-users are going for the utilization of diesel-powered generators.
Caterpillar Inc., Cummins Inc., Generac Holdings Inc., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engine & Turbocharger, Ltd., AKSA Power Generation, Kohler Co., Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG, Wuxi Kipor Power Co. Ltd, Aggreko PLC, MAN Diesel & Turbo, General Electric Company and Wärtsilä.
Objective of South America & Africa Diesel Generator Market Analysis & Forecast, 2017 – 2023
• To provide detailed analysis of the market structure along with the forecast period of the various segments and sub-segments included in South America & Africa diesel generator market with analysis of its development and demand in the market
• To identify high growth geographies and countries
• To study regional and country-specific demand and forecast for global South America & Africa Diesel Generator
• To cover the key segments of: Power Rating, End-user, Portability, Hybrid System Type and By Country
• To finalize the unit breakdown for all different classification; and refer to them for forecasting, keeping few assumptions into factor
• To identify the forecast demand, for all the regions, applications and the historical figure; To collect the data through primary and annual reports, which were triangulated to derive the regional market size
• To identify the historical trend to forecast and estimate the future value data
• Raw materials suppliers
• Aftermarket suppliers
• Research institute & education institute
• Potential investors
• Key executive (CEO and COO) and strategy growth manager
• South America & Africa diesel generator market is expected to reach USD 544.6 million by 2023.
• By Power Rating, 11 kW – 100 kW segment accounted for the highest market share of 27.40% in 2016, with a market value of USD 136.9 million and is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR of 9.68% over the forecast period.
• By End-User, Commercial segment accounted for the major market share of 45.2% in 2016, with a market value of USD 132.4 million and is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR of 8.89% over the forecast period.
• By Portability, Stationary type accounted for the biggest market share of 83.7% in 2016, with a market value of USD 245.2 million and is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR of 9.49% over the forecast period.
• By Hybrid System Type, Solar diesel type accounted for the biggest market share of 48.5% in 2016, with a market value of USD 6.755 million and is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR of 11.43% over the forecast period.
• By Country, Colombia accounted for the largest market share of 26.93% in 2016, with a market value of USD 78.9 million and is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR of 8.16% over the forecast period.
Country Analysis of South America & Africa Diesel Generator Market Estimation and Forecast
By country, Colombia is dominating the South America & Africa diesel generator market with a leading share owing to the huge investment in developing the hybrid renewable energy system so as to fulfill the increasing power demand. Nigeria being one of the biggest economy in Africa continent also held a marginal market share in 2016 owing to government initiatives and development of microgrids across the country.
The reports also cover country-level analysis:
• Others (Niger, Mozambique, Madagascar)
1 Executive Summary
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.4 Market Structure
3 Research Methodology
3.1 Research Process
3.2 Primary Research
3.3 Secondary Research
3.4 Market Size Estimation
3.5 Forecast Model
4 Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Surge in power outages & power failure
4.1.2 Growing demand for interminable & dependable power supply
4.1.3 Growth in hybrid renewable energy systems
4.2 Growth Drivers: Impact Analysis
4.3.1 Rise in renewable energy technologies
4.3.2 High operating & maintenance cost
4.4 Growth Barriers: Impact Analysis
4.5.1 Growth in industrialization & urbanization
4.5.2 Access to electricity in rural & remote areas
4.6 Trends in Hybrid Opportunities
4.7 Trends in Other Regions
4.8 Generator Technicalities Based on Application/Type
4.9 Comparison of Small Generators vs. Large Generators
5 Market Factor Analysis
5.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.1.1 Threat of New Entrants
5.1.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.1.3 Threat of Substitutes
5.1.4 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.1.5 Segment Rivalry
5.2 Supply Chain Analysis
6 South America & Africa Diesel Generator Market, By Power Rating
6.2 Upto 10 kW
6.3 11 kW – 100 kW
6.4 Above 100 kW
7 South America & Africa Diesel Generator Market, By End-User
8 South America & Africa Diesel Generator Market, By Portability
9 South America & Africa Diesel Generator Market, By Hybrid System Type
9.2 Solar Diesel
9.3 Wind Diesel
10 South America & Africa Diesel Generator Market, By Country
10.13 Other Countries
11 Company Profiles
11.1 Competitive Scenario
11.1.1 Competitive Landscape
18.104.22.168 Product Launch/Development
22.214.171.124 Mergers and Acquisitions
126.96.36.199 Partnerships and Collaborations
11.2 Caterpillar Inc.
11.2.1 Company Overview
11.2.2 Financial Overview
11.2.3 Service Offering
11.3 Cummins INC.
11.3.1 Company Overview
11.3.2 Financial Overview
11.3.3 Service Offering
11.4 Generac Holdings Inc.
11.4.1 Company Overview
11.4.2 Financial Overview
11.4.3 Service Offering
11.5 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engine & Turbocharger, Ltd.
11.5.1 Company Overview
11.5.2 Financial Overview
11.5.3 Service Offering
11.6 AKSA Power Generation
11.6.1 Company Overview
11.6.2 Financial Overview
11.6.3 Service Offering
11.7 Kohler Co.
11.7.1 Company Overview
11.7.2 Financial Overview
11.7.3 Service Offering
11.8 Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG
11.8.1 Company Overview
11.8.2 Financial Overview
11.8.3 Service Offering
11.9 Wuxi Kipor Power Co. Ltd
11.9.1 Company Overview
11.9.2 Financial Overview
11.9.3 Service Offering
11.1 Aggreko PLC
11.10.1 Company Overview
11.10.2 Financial Overview
11.10.3 Product/Service Offering
11.11 MAN Diesel & Turbo
11.11.1 Company Overview
11.11.2 Financial Overview
11.11.3 Product/Service Offering
11.12 General Electric Company
11.12.1 Company Overview
11.12.2 Financial Overview
11.12.3 Product/Service Offering
11.13 Wärtsilä Corporation
11.13.1 Company Overview
11.13.2 Financial Overview
11.13.3 Product/Service Offering