North America Nutritional Supplement Market
The nutritional supplement market was valued at USD 40.17 Bn in 2017 and would experience a CAGR of 7.5% over the forecasted period. It is the second largest market in global nutritional supplements market after Asia-Pacific.
The upsurge in nutrition sales is due to hectic lifestyle, stress level of the consumers and rise in lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and obesity among the working professionals and geriatric population.
By type of ingredients, the market is segmented Vitamins, Proteins, Amino acids, Enzymes and Botanicals supplements. Vitamin supplements has the highest share in North America in 2018.
By end-user, the market is segmented into Infants and Adults.
By countries, the market is divided into U.S.A., Canada and Others (Rest of North America).
Key growth factors
Rising awareness towards nutritional supplements among working professionals in the U.S. for maintaining the balanced nutrition in the human body is expected to promote the consumption of dietary supplements over the coming years. Easy access to nutritional supplements to consumers through retail outlets and company-operated stores by Amway and Herbalife in the U.S.A. is also expected to be a key growth driver.
Threats and key players
Lack of awareness about the consumption of dosage, scientific and regulatory compliances on the quality, safety and efficacy of nutritional supplements are considered to be one of the key challenges.
The key players operating in the North America nutritional supplement market are Amway Corporation, Abbott Nutritionals, Pfizer Inc., Herbalife International and GlaxoSmithKline.
What’s covered in the report?
1. Overview of the North America Nutritional Supplement Market
2. Market drivers, challenges, in North America Nutritional Supplement Market
3. Market trends in North America Nutritional Supplement Market
4. Historical, current and forecasted market size data for North America market segmentation based on type of ingredients (Vitamins, Proteins, Amino acids, Enzymes and Botanicals) – by revenue
5. Historical, current and forecasted market size data for North America market segmentation based on End-user (Infants and Adults) – by revenue
6. Historical, current and forecasted market size data of Nutritional Supplements by countries U.S.A., Canada and Others (Rest of North America) – by revenue
7. Historical, current and forecasted market size data for country-wise segments – by revenue
8. Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of major competitors operating in the North American market
o Understand the demand for Nutritional Supplement Market to determine the viability of the market
o Understand the country-specific market size and observations for each segment
o Develop strategies based on the drivers, trends and highlights for each of the segments
o Evaluate the value chain to determine the workflow and to get an idea of the current position where you are placed
o Recognize the key competitors of this market and respond accordingly
o Identify the initiatives and growth strategies taken by the major companies and decide the direction of further growth
o Define the competitive positioning by comparing the products and services compared with the key players in the market