Dental Software Market Highlights
The global dental software market is expected to register a CAGR of 10.50% during the forecast period and is expected to hit USD 4,331.67 million by 2027.
According to the WHO, oral health is of primary importance and has improved over the recent years due to increased awareness amongst people. Dental software refers to a computer technology utilized by dental professionals, dental laboratories, dental research and academic institutes, and forensic laboratories for the research, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and investigation of oral health conditions.
The growth of the global dental software market is expected to be driven by key factors such as increasing adoption of digital dental radiography systems, advancements in dental technology, and a growing geriatric population. However, factors such as reluctance to adopt dental software are expected to restrict the market growth. In contrast, ongoing consolidation among private players offers lucrative opportunities for the global dental software market players.
The global dental software market is mainly segmented into type, deployment, and end user. On the basis of type, the dental software market has been sub-segmented into practice management software, patient communication software, treatment planning software, patient education software, dental imaging software, and others.
On the basis of deployment, the dental software market has been segmented into on-premise, web-based, and cloud-based. Based on end user, the global dental software market is segmented into dental clinics, hospitals, and others.
The global dental software market has been segmented on the basis of region into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The North American market is further divided into the US and Canada.
The European dental software market has been segmented into Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, and the rest of Europe. The dental software market in Asia-Pacific has been segmented into China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, and the rest of Asia-Pacific. The Rest of the World dental software market includes the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.
In 2020, North America led the dental software market with a share of 38.61%, and this trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period. This is due to the rapid adoption of dental software and associated digital technologies in dental laboratories in the recent past.
In 2019, three out of every five dental laboratories used CAD/CAM systems, over 57% of them used digital design software, and 28% of dental laboratories employed 3-D printers. The European region also held a significant share of the dental software market in 2020 due to factors like improving quality and increasing affordability of entry-level software solutions, technological advancements, and strict regulatory guidelines demanding improvement treatment quality.
Asia-Pacific is anticipated to register the highest growth rate over the forecast period from 2021 to 2027. This is due to factors such as the rising adoption of digital dental radiography systems and growth in the aging population.
According to United Nations Population Fund, formerly known as United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA), one in every four people in the region will be over 60 years by 2050. While the rest of the world region is expected to show slow growth due to the high investments, require to set up such systems.
Key Findings of the Study
- The global dental software market is expected to reach USD 4,331.67 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 10.50% during the forecast period.
- The North American region accounted for the largest share of the global market, which is majorly attributed to the rapid adoption of dental software and associated digital technologies in dental laboratories in this region.
- Based on type, the practice management software segment accounted for the largest market share of 63.41% in 2020.
- By deployment, the web-based segment dominated the market with a share of 55.48% in 2020.
- On the basis of end user, the dental clinics segment dominated the market with a share of 61.97% in 2020.
- Some of the key players operating in the dental software market are Abeldent Inc. (US), Dentimax LLC (US), Carestream Health, Inc. (US), Ace Dental Software (US), Datacon Dental Systems (US), Danaher (US), Henry Schein, Inc. (US), Imageworks Corporation (US), Open Dental Software Inc. (US), Planmeca OY (Finland), Dentsply Sirona (US), Consult-Pro (Canada), Patterson Dental (US), and Medicloud (Bulgaria).