The anti fungal treatment market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.35% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2027.
This report recognizes the following companies as the key players in the global anti fungal treatment market—Pfizer Inc. (US), Astellas Pharma Ltd. (Japan), Novartis International AG (Switzerland), Sanofi S.A. (France), Merck KGaA (Germany), Bayer AG (Germany), Abbott Laboratories (US), Janssen Pharmaceuticals (US), Gilead Sciences, Inc. (US), Cipla Inc. (India), and Others.
The global anti fungal treatment market is expected to register a CAGR of6.35% during the forecast period and is expected to hit USD 25,764.67 million by 2027.
Fungi are defined as microorganisms that can stay alive in a wide array of environments. Fungi can lead to diverse infections in the human body ranging from superficial skin to systemic that enters the body through inhalation. These infections occur in the human body, usually due to high exposure to unhygienic environments of fungus or due to low immune systems.
The most common fungal infections include ringworm, athlete’s foot, and fungal nail infection Furthermore, the increasing incidence of infections such as mucormycosis, candidiasis, and others are expected to propel market growth. Furthermore, anti fungal drugs restrict fungal microorganisms from growing on the host cell and eliminate the occurrence of fungal infection. Thus, the availability of diverse anti fungal drugs for the treatment of fungal infection and over-the-counter drugs for the treatment of dermal infection is positively influencing the anti fungal drug market growth.
The global anti fungal treatment market has been divided based on drug class, therapeutic indication, pathogen, and end user.The market, based on drug class, has been segregated into azoles, echinocandins, polyenes, allylamines, pyrimidines, and others.
Based on therapeutic indication,the anti fungal treatment market has been divided into therapeutic indications, has been segmented into systemic, candidiasis, cryptococcosis, prophylactic use of anti fungals, and coccidioidomycosis.
Based on pathogen, the anti fungal treatment market has been divided into Candida, Aspergillus, Cryptococcus, Coccidioides immitis, Zygomycetes, Trichophyton, others.On the basis of end user, the market is bifurcated into hospitals and clinics, dermatology clinics, and others.
The global anti fungal treatment market, based on region, has been divided into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. The 40.97% market share of the Americas can be attributed to the high prevalence of anti fungal diseases, research spending, and the rapid adoption of advanced treatment in the region. The availability of a large research budget is anticipated to increase the grants for researchers to develop novel products for the anti fungal treatment market.
Europe is projected to exhibit significant growth during the forecast period due to a higher number of patients and the availability of diagnostic and treatment facilities in the region.The accessibility to advanced treatment facilities, rising government initiatives to promote research to find a cure to the increasing number of cases, and growing healthcare expenditure are driving the growth of the anti fungal treatment market in the region.
Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing regional market in anti fungal treatment, mainly due to increasing R&D funding by developing countries such as China and India for the availability of basic treatments.The market for anti fungal treatment is growing at a significant rate in the Middle East & Africa due to the increasing number of companies and subsidiaries in the region offering treatment options.
Key Findings of the Study
- The global anti fungal treatment market was valued at USD 15,835.52 million in 2019 and is projected to register a CAGR of6.35% during the assessment period.
- The Americas accounted for the largest share of the global market due to the rising prevalence of anti fungal diseases, research spending, and the rapid adoption of advanced treatment in the region.
- Based on drug class, the azoles segment accounted for the largest market share of 41.7% in 2019
- On the basis of therapeutic indication, the candidiasis segment is expected to register the fastest growth at a CAGR of 6.64% during the forecast period
- By pathogen, the candida segment accounted for the largest market share with a value of USD 8,176.20 million in 2019
- Based on end user, the hospitals & clinics segment accounted for the largest market share with a value of USD 7,300.92 million in 2019
- Pfizer Inc. (US), Novartis International AG (Switzerland), Sanofi S.A.(France), Merck KGaA (Germany), Bayer AG (Germany)are the key market players.