The premium market intelligence report published by CRI Report highlights that the global long-read sequencing market is projected to reach $3,305.5 million by 2030. The study also highlights that the market is set to witness a CAGR of 21.15% during the forecast period 2021-2030.
Long-read sequencing is one of the comprehensive methods for analyzing entire genomic analysis. Genomic information has been instrumental in identifying inherited disorders, characterizing the mutations that drive cancer progression, and tracking disease outbreaks. Further, long-read sequencing is the technique for sequencing all the genome and protein-coding genes in the genome. This technique includes the selection of the subset of the deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) of the genome that encodes proteins or exons, which is followed by sequencing of the exome DNA using high throughput DNA sequencing methods. Long-read sequencing is also known as third-generation sequencing. Long-read sequencing is a DNA sequencing technique currently being researched to determine the nucleotide sequence of long sequences of DNA between 10,000 and 100,000 base pairs at a time. This technology removes the need to cut up of genome and then amplify DNA which is normally required in other DNA sequencing techniques.
Long-read sequencing is overcoming early limitations in the throughput and accuracy of the genome. The sequencing methods are broadening their application domains in genomics and data analysis.
The comprehensive study covers the following:
• Market numbers on micro-segments that are influencing the market
• Market share analysis for more than 15 companies
• Application preference data for applications such as cancer, rare diseases, genetic disorders, and metabolic disorders
• Technology preference data for nanopore sequencing, single-molecule real-time sequencing, and synthetic long-read sequencing
• Detailed global and regional market share analysis, including the scrutiny of more than 17 countries
• Study of data of more than 30 companies
Global Industrial Microbiological QC Market: Focus on Market Offering, Technology Trends, Application, End User, Regulatory Framework, 13 Countries’ Analysis Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2031
Who should buy this report?
• Long-read sequencing manufacturers, who are planning to invest in one of the large emerging markets
• Companies involved in technology development of next generation sequencing
• Companies in the services market such as contract research organizations (CROs)
• Companies involved in developing bioinformatics tools for oncology, rare disease, metabolic disorders, and infectious diseases data analysis, visualization, sharing, and storage
To gain a holistic view of the market, data from different segments of the market has been analyzed minutely. These segments include products and services, technology, end user, application, and region. Each of these segments is further categorized into sub-segments and micro-segments to compile an in-depth study.
The premium market intelligence by CRI Report, additionally, throws a spotlight on the opportunities existing in the market, including the high scope for adoption of long-read sequencing in emerging nations, increased use of therapies, and provide solutions for one of the chronic diseases. The study is majorly centered on the sub-segments and micro-segments of the different commercialized products in the market.
To emphasize the dominance of the North America segment in the regional segmentation of global long-read sequencing market in 2020 and 2030, Experts, states, “North America is the leading contributor in the global long-read sequencing market and contributed approximately 42.60% to the global market value in 2020. This region is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 20.52% during the forecast period 2021-2030 and continue dominating the global market in 2030. However, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at an impressive CAGR of 22.81% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2030.”
Key insights are drawn from in-depth interviews with the key opinion leaders of more than 15 leading companies, market participants, and vendors. The key players profiled in the report include Agilent Technologies, Inc., Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI) Genomics Co., Ltd, Bionano Genomics, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Illumina, Inc., Longas Technologies Pty Ltd, Novogene Co., Ltd., Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Inc., Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., QIAGEN N.V., Quantapore, Inc., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
The study also offers strategic recommendations that can help organizations in tracking various products, trends, and applications that are changing the dynamics of the market. The recommendations by CRI Report also offer bespoke research services to help organizations meet their objectives.
Real-time PCR (qPCR) Market: Increasing prevalence of target diseases and technological advancements such as the development of high performance and superior qPCR are anticipated to boost the market at a healthy CAGR of ~8.92% from 2021 to 2027 :
How can market intelligence on long-read sequencing add value to an organization’s decision-making process?
• Aid in third-generation sequencing
• Help in targeting a segment for utilization of a new technology
• Offer detailed information on the future perspective of the emerging as well as established players
• Offer go-to-market strategies for the different source type
• Support in diversifying the product portfolio based on risk and progression of application
• Help in analyzing technological substitutes and compare the specification
• Offer tailor-made solutions based on the throughput of different consumers
• Aid in understanding the technology requirement
• Assist in exploring the newer application
• Support in analysing the competitors’ funding scenario
• Support in understanding the involvement of government health organizations such as the National Institute of Health (NIH)
• Aid in understanding the new trends in the industry
Insightful Questions Covered to Enable Companies to take Strategic Decisions
• How is long-read sequencing revolutionizing the field of next generation sequencing?
• What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global long-read sequencing market?
• What are the underlying structures resulting in the emerging trends within the global long-read sequencing market?
• How is the COVID-19 pandemic impacting the global long-read sequencing market landscape?
• What are the key development strategies that are being implemented by the major players in order to sustain themselves in the competitive market?
• What are the key regulatory implications in developed and developing regions pertaining to long-read sequencing?
• What are the potential entry barriers, which are expected to be faced by the companies willing to enter a particular region for the development of long-read sequencing?
• How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period 2021-2030, and what is the anticipated revenue to be generated by each segment? Following are the segments:
• Products (systems, kits, and assays, software) and Services
• Technology (single-molecule real-time (SRMT) sequencing, nanopore sequencing, synthetic long-read sequencing, and others)
• Application (oncology, infectious diseases, rare diseases, genetic disorders, metabolic disorders, and translational research)
• End user (academic and research institutions, pharma and biotech companies, clinical laboratories, hospitals and clinics, and other end users)
• Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest-of-the-World)
• What are the growth opportunities for the companies in the region of their operation?
• Who are the leading players with significant offerings in the global long-read sequencing market?
• Which companies are anticipated to be highly disruptive in the future, and why?
• What are the current unmet needs that are being faced in the global long-read sequencing market?