The space-based laser communication market is projected to reach $4,107.1 million by 2031,according to CRI’s new report. The study also highlights that the market is set to witness a CAGR of 26.98% during the period 2021-2031.
Space-based laser communication, also known as free-space optical communication (FSO), uses an optical communication technology by light propagation in free space to wirelessly transmit data for telecommunication or computer networking. The advantages of space-based laser communication serve several business opportunities, such as large-scale communication through satellites and quantum key distribution (QKD) channels. Since space-based laser communication technology is proven to be a technically viable solution, it has paved the way for various applications.
USP of the Market Intelligence
• A dedicated section focusing on the futuristic trends adopted by the key players operating in the global space-based laser communication market
• Extensive competitive benchmarking of top 15 players (including OEMs and component providers) offering a holistic view of the global space-based laser communication landscape
• Coverage of mega constellation scenario
• Qualitative and quantitative analysis of space-based laser communication at the region and country-level by application and product segment
According to Nilopal Ojha, Lead Analyst, “The market potential of the space-based laser communication for space-to-space and space-to-ground station solutions is expected to reach new heights due to the increasing maturity and cost reductions of laser terminals. Furthermore, space-based laser communication is the required technology for next-generation space communications infrastructure. Hence, the market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period 2021-2031.”
Key companies operating in the market
AAC Clyde Space, Analytical Space, Ball Aerospace, BridgeComm, General Atomics, Hensoldt, Honeywell International, Laser Light Communication, Mynaric AG, ODYSSEUS SPACE SA, Rocket Lab, Space X, Space Micro, Tesat Spacecom, and Thales Alenia Space are key companies operating in the market.
The companies that are profiled in the report have been selected post undergoing in-depth interviews with experts and understanding details around companies such as product portfolios, annual revenues, market penetration, research and development initiatives, and domestic and international presence in the space-based laser communication market.
How can market intelligence on Space-Based Laser Communication Market add value to your organization’s decision-making process?
Product/Innovation Strategy: The product segment helps the reader in understanding different types of space-based laser communication terminals and their market potentials globally. Additionally, comprehensive coverage of end users and applications has also been added to the study.
Growth/Marketing Strategy: The growth/marketing strategies will help the readers in understanding the revenue-generating strategies adopted by the players operating in the global space-based laser communication market. For instance, in September 2019, Xenesis signed an agreement of $212 million with Hartwell Capitol Consulting for the supply of laser terminals to provide services for high-speed data transfer between space to ground communications. Moreover, other strategies adopted by the market players will help the reader in making strategic decisions, such as go-to-market strategies.
Competitive Strategy: Players analyzed and profiled in the study involve original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and component providers that capture the maximum share in the global space-based laser communication market. Moreover, a detailed competitive benchmarking of the players operating in the global space-based laser communication market has been done that will help the reader to understand how players stack against each other, presenting a clear market landscape. Additionally, comprehensive competitive strategies such as partnerships, agreements and collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions are expected to aid the reader in understanding the untapped revenue pockets in the market.
Market Segmentation of Space-Based Laser Communication Market
• End User: The space-based laser communication market has been segmented based on end users, including government and military, commercial. The commercial end-user segment is estimated to dominate the global space-based laser communication market due to the growing need for high-speed inter-satellite communication for commercial satellite operators.
• Application: The space-based laser communication market has been segmented based on the application, including technology development, Earth observation, and remote sensing, communication, surveillance and security, research, and exploration. The combat training application is expected to be the front runner in the global space-based laser communication market due to the rapid growth of small satellite constellation plans by various satellite operators such as SpaceX, Telesat, Space Development Agency, ICEYE, and Cloud Constellation.
• Solutions: The space-based laser communication market has been segmented based on solutions including space-to-space, space-to-ground station), components (optical head, laser receiver, and laser transmitter, modulators and demodulators, pointing mechanism, among others. Space-to-space communication is the most prominent solution contributing toward the growth of the global space-based laser communication market. There is an increasing number of small satellites in larger constellations that require inter-satellite communication links for applications such as communication, Earth observation, technology development, remote sensing, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
• Range: The space-based laser communication market has been segmented based on range, including short-range, medium-range, and long-range. The connectivity of satellite-to-satellite and satellite-to-ground stations is enabled by using short-range laser terminals. It allows short-range inter-satellite point-to-point communication to transmit data at high rates. Satellites for low Earth orbit (LEO) and medium Earth orbit (MEO) are preferred for this range, which therefore, is expected to generate huge demand for short-range laser terminals.
• Region: The space-based laser communication market has been segmented based on region, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World. North America is expected to account for the highest share of the global space-based laser communication market, owing to a significant number of companies based in the region and increased spending by government and commercial organizations such as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Space X, and Space Development Agency, on space-based laser terminals.
Key Questions Answered in the Report
• How is the space-based laser communication market expected to grow during the forecast period 2021-2031?
• What are the futuristic trends in the space-based laser communication market?
• What are the key drivers and challenges faced by the companies that are currently working in the global space-based laser communication market?
• What are the opportunities for the companies to expand their businesses in the global space-based laser communication market?
• Which region is expected to lead the global space-based laser communication market by 2031?
• What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to sustain in this highly competitive market?
• What is the current and future revenue scenario of this market?
• What is the competitive scenario of the key players in the global space-based laser communication market?
• What are the emerging technologies that the key companies are focusing on to increase their market share?
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of the companies that are influencing the growth of the market?