Nucleic acid extraction is a crucial part of genetic testing as it provides the starting material for any genetic analysis, and considerable leaps have been achieved in providing protocols to deliver nucleic acid of the highest quality for further genetic research. Moreover, it offers massive diagnostic and research utility in terms of diseases, which ranges from adult rare diseases to genetic screening of new-borns.
Nucleic acid extraction is an emerging technique to assess different alterations in genes leading to diseases progression and personalized therapy development. It aids research professionals to understand various genes linked with specific diseases, thereby offering specific treatment for patients. The rise in the discovery of genes associated with genetic diseases coupled with the rise in the number of laboratories offering genetic tests is anticipated to enhance research in the disease diagnostic and personalized medicine segment. This is likely to support associated steps involved, particularly nucleic acid isolation, in the upcoming years.
The enhancement in the overall genomic research provides an opportunity for several companies to step in and offer innovative products in the market. The emergence of automated nucleic acid extraction can be considered an evident example of emerging technological development, which can aid in the fight against genetic diseases.
The report on the nucleic acid isolation and purification market is primarily segmented on the basis of product types (instrument and consumables). The instrument market is further segmented on the basis of workflow (isolation/extraction/purification, quality control), by technology (spin column and bead-based), by throughput (low, medium, and high), by end user, and by region.
This consumables segment has been further classified based on product type (kits and reagents), by workflow (isolation/extraction/purification, DNA/RNA clean-up and concentration, and DNA and RNA quantification), by analyte (DNA, and RNA), by source type, by technology (silica-based, bead-based, and others), by end user (academic institutes, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology companies.), and by region.
According to the latest report by CRI Report, titled ‘Global Nucleic Acid Isolation and Purification Market – Analysis and Forecast (2021-2031)’, the nucleic acid isolation and purification market is projected to reach $5,010.3 million by 2031 from $2,304.7 million in 2020, at a CAGR of 7.20%.
Companies Mentioned in the Report:
• Agilent Technologies, Inc.
• Analytik Jena AG
• AutoGen, Inc.
• Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
• F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
• Illumina, Inc.
• Merck KGaA
• Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
• Macherey-Nagel GmbH & Co KG
• New England Biolabs, Inc
• Norgen Biotek Corp.
• Omega Bio-tek, Inc.
• Orasure Technologies, Inc.
• PerkinElmer, Inc.
• Promega Corporation
• QIAGEN N.V.
• Sage Science, Inc.
• Tecan Group
• ThermoFisher Scientific Inc.
• Zymo Research
Global Gel Documentation Systems Market: Focus on Products, Source of Light, Detection Technology, Application, End User, Country Data (16 Countries), and Competitive Landscape – Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2030
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
• What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global nucleic acid isolation and purification market?
• What are the key development strategies which are being implemented by major players in order to sustain in the competitive market?
• How each segment of the market is expected to grow during the forecast period from 2020 to 2031 based on
o Product type: instrument and consumables (kits and reagents)
o End User: academic research institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, applied testing, contract research organizations, and clinical diagnostic centers
o Region: North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America
• Which are the leading players with significant offerings to the global nucleic acid isolation and purification market? What is the expected market dominance for each of these leading players?
• Which companies are anticipated to be highly disruptive in the future and why?
• What are the challenges in the nucleic acid isolation and purification market?