The Global Masterbatch Market is projected to reach $20.53 billion by 2025, reveals the premium market intelligence study by CRI Report. The study also highlights that the market is set to witness a CAGR of 6.89% during the period from 2019 to 2025.
A solid product (usually made out of plastic, rubber, or elastomer) in which hues, modifiers, or additives are dispersed in a carrier material at a high concentration is known as a masterbatch. The carrier material is compatible with the main plastic with which it will be blended during molding, allowing the masterbatch to impart color and physical or chemical properties such as ultraviolet (UV) resistance, color, increased tensile strength to the final plastic product.
USP of the Report
• A dedicated section focusing on the trends adopted by the key players operating in the global masterbatch market
• Extensive competitive benchmarking of top 20 players offering a holistic view of the global masterbatch market landscape
• Qualitative and quantitative analysis of masterbatch industry at country level granularity by application and product segments
According to Shivam Priyadarshini, Principal Analyst, CRI Report, “The market potential of the masterbatch market for packaging, automotive and consumer goods industries is expected to reach new heights due to the advancements made in the field of biodegradable and bio-based plastics. Moreover, with increasing investments in technology, advancements in additives used for the production of masterbatches have been observed, resulting in products with better physical as well as chemical properties. Hence, the market is going to grow significantly during the forecast period.”
Players analyzed and profiled in the study involve additives, pellets, and raw material manufacturers that capture the maximum share in the global masterbatch market. Moreover, a detailed competitive benchmarking of the players operating in global masterbatch has been done to help the reader understand how players stack against each other, presenting a clear market landscape.
Additionally, comprehensive competitive strategies such as partnerships, agreements, and collaborations will aid the reader in understanding the untapped revenue pockets in the market.
Some of the key players operating in the market include BASF SE, Cabot Corporation, CONSTAB Polyolefin Additives GmbH, Gabriel-Chemie G.m.b.H., Tosaf Compounds Ltd., Avient Corporation, Ampacet Corporation, Americhem Inc., LyondellBasell Industries N.V., Plastika Kritis S.A., Hubron International, Penn Color, Inc., Karina Plastics, Cromex S/A, Dainichiseika Color & Chemicals Mfg. Co. Ltd, Sukano AG, Polyvel Inc., FKuR Kunststoff GmbH, Akro Plastic Gmbh, and Italmaster Belgium NV
Market Segmentation of Global Masterbatch Market
Product Types: Color masterbatches have dominated the global masterbatch market since the inception of color masterbatches, and the trend is expected to remain the same during 2021-2025. Color masterbatches have a wide range of applications such as injection molding of household items and insulation of cables, blow molding of bottles, and other hollow objects.
In addition, black masterbatches find applications in plenteous applications mulching, agricultural tarpaulins, irrigation pipes, rigid and flexible packaging, furniture, toys, automotive compounding, electrical and electronics geomembranes, conduits, plugs, hoses, fittings, water tanks, and corrugated tubes.
Region: The demand for masterbatches varies according to various regions. The market holds a prominent share in various countries of North America, Asia-Pacific, and China. Europe is currently the largest revenue-generating region in the masterbatch market, predominantly backed by demand for premium masterbatch solutions.
Industrial advancements, technological advancements, extensive investments for dedicated R&D facilities, and the presence of major display manufacturing companies are some of the major drivers that are propelling the growth of the market in the country.
Key Questions Answered in the Report
• Why are masterbatches a requirement in the market? How has the masterbatch market evolved over the years?
• Which type of masterbatch is anticipated to dominate the market in the five years (2021-2025)?
• What are the driving and restraining factors affecting the global masterbatch market?
• What trends are expected to impact the masterbatch market in the coming years?
• What are the opportunities for players in the global masterbatch market?
• How is the demand for masterbatches expected to change with the stringent regulatory landscape?
• What are the applications and corresponding end-use industries driving the demand for masterbatches?
• Which region and which country are the major consumers in the global masterbatch market?
• Which country/region is going to emerge as a potential revenue-generating pocket for the global masterbatch market during the forecast period 2021-2025?
• What are the strategies adopted by major players in the masterbatch market?
• Which end-user industry is expected to dominate the masterbatch market by 2025?
• How are the prices of products going to behave in the next five years, and what is their impact on the masterbatch market?
• How has COVID-19 impacted the masterbatch business across the supply chain globally?
• Which key organizations across various countries are involved in research and development for masterbatch products?
• How is the demand-supply curve for masterbatch going to shift over the years (2021-2025)?
• What are customer attributes across various countries for the masterbatch product adoption?
• How does the adoption of masterbatch expected to impact the profit and operation of the end-user industry?
• How is the sales channel of the masterbatch projected to evolve over the forecast period?