The Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market is projected to reach $7.72 Billion by 2026, reveals the premium market intelligence study by CRI Report. The study also highlights that the market is set to witness a CAGR of 27.31% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2026.
Data center liquid cooling technology is a type of thermal management process or operation in any data center. The difference between traditional cooling technologies and liquid cooling is in the use of the cooling medium. Systems such as computer room air conditioning (CRAC), computer room air handler (CRAH), and cooling tower type use air as a cooling medium, and thus directional airflow is used as means of heat transfer, whereas in liquid cooling, water or dielectric fluid is utilized.
According to Rakhi Tanwar, Principal Analyst, CRI Report, “Liquid cooling technologies offer an efficient and sustainable alternative to air-based cooling for data centers. The data centers are witnessing a high growth scenario impacted by COVID-19, which has also influenced data center operators to increase rack densities. Since cooling is a crucial part of the industry, a growing number of rack densities will increase the adoption of liquid cooling solutions.”
Heat Pump Water Heater Market: Market Segments: By Type (Air Source and Geothermal); By Liter (Up to 500 L, 500–1000 L and Above 1000 L); By Rated Capacity (Up to 10 kW, 10‒20 kW, 20‒30 kW, 30‒100 kW, 10–150 kW and Above); and Region – Global Analysis by Market Size, Share & Trends for 2014 – 2020 and Forecasts to 2030
Key companies operating in the market
Key market players operating in the market include Aquila Group, Asetek, Inc., Aspen Systems Inc., Asperitas, Chilldyne, Inc., Cooler Master Co., Ltd., CoolIt Systems, DCX The Liquid Cooling Company, ExaScaler Inc., Fujitsu, International Business Machines Corporation, Schneider Electric, Submer, 3M, and Royal Dutch Shell plc.
The competitive benchmarking in the report provides details about the competitive strength of the key players operating in the market. For instance, the market is dominated by organizations with a primary focus on liquid cooling and similar technologies. Companies such as Intel, Microsoft, Stulz, and Schneider Electric are developing end-use products collaborating with smaller companies offering liquid cooling solutions. The market also consists of chemical industry giants such as 3M, Shell, and Dow. These companies offer innovative fluids that are used as a primary coolant and cooling medium liquid cooling solutions.
How can market intelligence on global data center liquid cooling market add value to your organization’s decision-making process?
Market by Product, Analysis, and Forecast: The segment gives a brief overview of the product portfolio of different companies and the market presence of different products existing in the market.
Market by Application, Analysis, and Forecast: The segment gives a brief overview of the market status of different applications of the product and key players offering products in those applications. The IT and Telcom industry is expected to lead the market in terms of end-user industry, and hyper-scale data center is expected to lead the market by data center type. This is since the leading hyper-scale data center operators are committed to increasing the overall efficiency of their operations, and some of the operators, such as Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Alibaba, have already implemented liquid cooling solutions at some level.
Thermal Energy Storage Market: By Product Type (Sensible Heat Storage, Latent Heat Storage and Thermochemical Heat Storage); By Technology (Molten Salt Technology, Electric Thermal Storage Heaters, Solar Energy Storage, Ice-based Technology and Miscibility Gap Alloy Technology); By Application (Process Heating & Cooling, District Heating & Cooling, Power Generation, Ice storage air-conditioning and Others); By End-user (Industrial, Utilities and Residential & Commercial); and Region – Global Analysis by Market Size, Share & Trends for 2014 – 2020 and Forecasts to 2030
Business Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
• The market for data center liquid cooling is expected to get a significant boost from government initiatives and policies. The market is also expected to get a boost from the digitization efforts and Industry 4.0 initiatives.
• Liquid cooling systems are susceptible to possible leakage due to rusting or tearing. This may lead to exposure of cooling fluids, affecting the data center operations, and it can also lead to health concerns for the employees.
• Higher cost of implementation is another bigger aspect that might challenge the growth of liquid cooling technologies.
Market Segmentation of Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market
• End-User: The data center liquid cooling market by end-use industry is led by the IT and telecom industry. The telecom industry is the largest consumer of data centers. The communication is the biggest factor contributing to the success of the ICT industry, data centers have become critical to this industry. Thus, the demand for data center liquid cooling from the IT and telecom industry is highest amongst industries.
• Data Center Type: The market by data center type is dominated by hyperscale data center type. This is since most of the leading hyper-scale and cloud service providers have committed to increased energy efficiency and reduced carbon emissions.
• Solution Type: The market for indirect cooling is expected to lead the market by solutions in the data center liquid cooling market by solution type. This is due to the wide adoption and better availability of indirect cooling systems.
• Region: Europe is the leading market for data center liquid cooling. This is due to the wide acceptance of environment-friendly policies and an increase in emphasis on energy efficiency in almost all industrial sectors. Apart from this, European Union has formed a Green Deal, which dictates plans to make the entire data center and information and communications technology (ICT) industry carbon neutral by 2030.
Data Center Liquid Cooling Market – A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Data Center Types and Solutions, End-Use Industry, Government Initiatives, Trends, Patent Analysis, Drivers, Challenges, Opportunities, and Country Analysis
Key Questions Answered in the Report
• What is the estimated global data center liquid cooling market size in terms of revenue for the forecast period 2021-2026, and what is the expected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during the forecast period 2021-2026?
• What are the key trends, market drivers, and opportunities in the market pertaining to data center liquid cooling?
• What are the major restraints inhibiting the growth of the global data center liquid cooling market?
• What kinds of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to expand their market position in the industry?
• What is the competitive strength of the key players in the data center liquid cooling market on the basis of analysis of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
• How is the competitive benchmarking of the key data center liquid cooling companies in the agriculture market based on the analysis of their market coverage and market potential?
• How much revenue each of the segments is expected to record during the forecast period along with the growth percentage? Following are the segments:
o End Use Industry, including IT and Telecom, Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI), Government and Public Sector, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail
o Data Center Type, including Hyperscale Centers, Enterprise Type, Colocation Data Centers
o Solution Type, including Indirect Cooling (Row Based, Rack Based) and Direct Cooling (Single Phase, Two Phase)
o Region, including North America, the U.K., Europe, Asia-Pacific and Japan, China, and the Rest-of-the-world
• Which type of players and stakeholders are operating in the market ecosystem of the data center liquid cooling market, and what is their significance in the global market?
• How does the regulatory landscape differ in different regions for data center liquid cooling?