The Anti-Fingerprint Coating Market is projected to reach $1,239.4 Million by 2031,according to CRI’s new report. The study also highlights that the market is set to witness a CAGR of 5.82% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031.
Anti-fingerprint coatings are widely used to obtain anti-smudge properties. The anti-fingerprint coating enables in achieving low maintenance cost of the product by facilitating less adhesion of dirt and moisture. Therefore, anti-fingerprint coatings are being utilized by the end-user companies as a strategy to differentiate their products in the competitive market. As the adoption of these coatings helps the end-user companies to obtain a cost advantage over others, the entire market has been impacted, thereby increasing the opportunities for anti-fingerprint coating manufacturers.
According Shivam Priyadarshi, Principal Analyst “Global anti-fingerprint coating market is driven by the rapid evolution, and there has been an increase in the growth of the research and development activities by many important players in this market. In addition, in order to expand their overall global footprint, anti-fingerprint coatings manufacturers are launching new products and expanding their businesses to target a great audience during 2018-2021.”
Key players operating in the market include AGC Inc., Cytonix LLC, Daikin Industries Ltd., Essilor International S.A., Harves Co., Ltd., Izovac Ltd., Leader Optronics Technology Co. Ltd., NAGASE & CO., LTD., NANOKOTE PTY LTD., NanoSlic Smart Coatings, Natoco Co., Ltd., Nippon Paint Surf Chemicals Co., Ltd, PPG Industries, Inc., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., and TAIWAN FLUORO TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
For instance, in April 2021, PPG Industries, Inc. launched a new product with the brand name PPG ERGOLUXE, which is a unique polyester-hybrid technology. The new coatings would provide styling and sustainability benefits over traditional liquid or solvent-based coatings for seating solutions, desks, cabinets, and more.
How can market intelligence on add value to your organization’s decision-making process?
• Product/Innovation Strategy: The product segment helps the reader in understanding the different types of technologies (vacuum deposition, sol gel, others) associated with anti-fingerprint coating. The report also includes a thorough qualitative and quantitative analysis of various application areas (consumer goods, building and construction, automotive, stainless steel, others). Additionally, the research also covers regional and country-wise analysis for different technologies and applications in the anti-fingerprint coating market.
• Growth/Marketing Strategy: The growth in the market is expected to rise owing to the rising demand for anti-fingerprint coatings for their applications in the automotive industry, especially from countries such as India, China, Taiwan, Thailand, and Brazil. Furthermore, large-scale investments by companies, such as Fingerprint Cards AB to introduce biometric solutions for luxury as well as premium segment cars to increase security through driver identification and authentication, are expected to further fuel the market for anti-fingerprint coatings during the forecast period 2021-2031.
Market Segmentation of Global Anti-Fingerprint Coating Market
• Application: The application segment of the market is segmented into consumer goods, building and construction, automotive, stainless steel, and others. Building and construction is one of the major application areas for global anti-fingerprint coating, including its extensive application in architectural glass and ceramic sanitaryware. Anti-fingerprint coatings used in architectural glasses have applications in museums, commercial offices, and shop fronts. These coatings help in reducing the maintenance cost due to their self-cleaning properties. In addition, the anti-fingerprint coatings also provide aesthetic looks to the architectural glasses. In the case of sanitaryware, anti-fingerprint coatings are majorly used for hygienic purposes. The use of anti-fingerprint coatings in sanitaryware applications helps in reducing the adhesion of dirt particles and water droplets on ceramic as well as stainless steel fittings.
• Technology: The technology segment of the market is segmented into Vacuum Deposition, Sol Gel, and Others. Technology plays a vital role in the production of anti-fingerprint coating. Different technological advancements have led to the increased production of these coatings. Vacuum Deposition is one of the major application areas for global anti-fingerprint coating. Vacuum deposition process is used by a variety of end-user industries, such as automotive, consumer goods, and building and construction, to deposit a thin layer of coating on the surface of different products. In this coating technology, the parts to be coated are kept in a chamber, whereby vapours start diffusing on the substrate of the part due to condensation under high pressure. The coatings applied by the vacuum deposition process offer noteworthy improvement in the wear and corrosion resistance when compared with the conventional method. Several techniques such as sputtering, electron beam, ion plating, and arc deposition are used for the deposition of coatings on the metallic and glass surface.
• Region: The regional segment of the market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, China, U.K., and Rest-of-the-World. China is expected to account for the highest share in the global anti-fingerprint coating market. The increasing demand for low maintenance cost in various end-user industries, such as stainless steel, consumer goods, and automotive, has led to a wide acceptance of anti-fingerprint coatings in product manufacturing and mass customizations, over time. This has led to a significant rise in the demand for anti-fingerprint coated products in the region. Additionally, concerted efforts by both the government and the manufacturing sector have played a pivotal role in making this region the frontrunner in the market for anti-fingerprint coating ecosystem.
Key Questions Answered in the Report
• What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand for anti-fingerprint coatings during the forecast period 2021-2031?
• What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global anti-fingerprint coating market?
• What is the global anti-fingerprint coatings market size in terms of value and volume (million square meters) from 2020-2031 along with the year-on-year growth rates and the CAGR from 2021 to 2031?
• What are the different types of anti-fingerprint coating materials being used across different industries and their growth patterns in terms of value in different regions and countries?
• What are the major technologies used for applying anti-fingerprint coatings?
• What are the new strategies adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the anti-fingerprint coating industry?
• What are the major end-user industries for anti-fingerprint coatings globally in terms of revenue generation and volume consumption?
• Which are the major regions and countries that provide growth opportunities for the anti-fingerprint coating market?
• What is the competitive strength of the key players in the anti-fingerprint coatings market on the basis of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
• Who are the key players (along with their detailed analysis and profiles, including their financials, company snapshots, key products and services, and SWOT analysis) in the market?