The carbon neutral data centers market is projected to reach $9.42 billion by 2025,according to CRI’s new report. The study also highlights that the market is set to witness a CAGR of 22.17% during the period 2020-2025.
Carbon Neutral Data Center Market – A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Carbon Neutral Data Center Types & Solutions, End-Use Industry, Government Programs, Trends, Opportunities and Country Analysis
The comprehensive study of the global carbon neutral data centers market extensively covers the following:
• Competitive benchmarking of 24 key players that are influencing the carbon neutral data center market, based on their market coverage and market potential
• Elaborate landscape study on government programs and initiatives dictating different regional markets including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, China, Rest-of-the-World
• Analysis and estimation of the global market size of the carbon neutral data center during the forecast period 2020-2025
• A detailed global and regional analysis of carbon neutral data center solutions and associated technologies, including growth trends, driving forces, companies involved, and estimated carbon neutral data center market size for 21 countries and group of countries
• Qualitative analysis on market transition journey from traditional data centers to green data centers and eventually carbon neutral data centers.
Besides these parameters, the study also encompasses the market growth drivers, opportunities, market restraining factors, competition mapping, segmental analysis, and the regional landscape of the market.
This report indicates that the continuous generation of process data across organizations which led to the need for data centers, rising demand for improved cooling efficiencies, and growing market penetration of carbon neutral solutions and technologies, are fueling the growth of the market. Apart from these, the market is also influenced by various environmentally friendly government initiatives and policies.
The study highlights the various emerging opportunities, such as the rapidly advancing smartphone and tablet market, and the rise of 5G and 6G communication technologies that can be leveraged by players operating in the market.
The market intelligence additionally throws a spotlight on the key industry trends that have a humungous influence in shaping the industry going forward. Some of these trends include the increased emphasis on efficient cooling systems, increased demand for renewable energy especially for the ICT industry, and several other key trends.
To gain a holistic view of the market, data from different segments of the market has been analyzed minutely. These segments include different data center types, end-user industry served, market by solution such as hardware, software and platform, and services and regions. Each of these segments is further categorized into sub-segments to compile an in-depth study.
According to Arvind Pal, Lead Analyst, “Carbon neutral data centers are presently classified as data centers with zero carbon emissions and a PUE of less than or equal to 1.2. This type of data center is often considered a part of the well-known category of green data centers, which by definition have a PUE level of less than 1.4. However, green data centers are not 100% carbon neutral, although both types of data centers source 100% renewable energy for operations. The market currently is driven mostly by government initiatives and policies which are in line with sustainable development and environmental protection. International climate accords and agreements such as the Paris Climate Agreement and Kigali Agreement are expected to have a significant impact in the growth of carbon neutral data centers. Apart from government policies, the growing demand for data storage and data processing due to the rise in data produced from various IT applications is another driver that is expected to have a significant impact on the market. The growth of Industry 4.0 and various digitization efforts globally has increased the demand for data centers, and this is going to have a positive impact on the carbon neutral data centers as well. ”
Key insights are drawn from in-depth interviews with the key opinion leaders of more than 40 data center operators and service providers, market participants, and vendors. The key players profiled in the report include 3M, ABB, Cisco, Eaton Corporation Inc., Dell Inc., IBM Corporation, Intel Corporation, Digital Realty, Equinix, Alibaba, Amazon AWS, Google LLC, HCL Technologies, Microsoft, and Fujitsu.
The study also offers strategic reasoning for growth that can help organizations in tracking various products, trends, and technologies that are changing the dynamics of the market. The recommendations also offer bespoke research services to help organizations meet their objectives, such as:
• Data centers operators such as Digital Realty Trust, Equinix, Colt Technologies, and Verne Global
• Data center component and hardware suppliers such as Dell Inc., HP, Intel, and IBM
• Cloud service providers and hyperscale data center operations such as Google LLC., Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, and Amazon AWS
• Data center cooling and power vendors such as 3M, Asparitas, ABB, and Eaton Corporation
• Business organizations such as financial institutions, government agencies, manufacturing industries, and healthcare facilities
How can market intelligence on carbon neutral data centers market add value to an organization’s decision-making process?
• Identify prominent indicators to adopt business growth strategies (such as M&A, partnerships, expansions, etc.) to grow in the carbon neutral data center market
• Analyze market share and position through global and regional market sizes in the carbon neutral data center market and understand the global addressable market in the next five years
• Identify the competitive strength of key players in the carbon neutral data center market based on the evaluation of their market coverage and market potential
• Comprehend the deep-tech industrial applications that structurally needs to incorporate the carbon neutral data center market
• Analyze how the role of carbon neutral data center differentiates the performance of the industrial applications as compared to traditional methods
• Understand the government programs and initiatives landscape across different regions
Insightful Questions Covered to Enable Companies take Strategic Decisions
• How will the data center market transition to green data centers and further into carbon neutral data centers? And what will be the factors and dynamics that shall dictate the transition?
• What is the market definition and market trends that are leading the carbon neutral data center market?
• What is the expected carbon neutral data center market size during the forecast period 2020-2025?
• What are the expected future scenario and revenue generated by the different industries, data center types, and solutions?
• What are the expected future scenario and revenue generated by different data center types such as hyperscale centers, enterprise, colocation data centers?
• What are the expected future scenario and revenue generated by different solutions and subtypes such as hardware (server, cooling, power, storage, networking), software and platform, and support services?
• What are the expected future scenario and revenue generated by the industry segments (IT &
Telecom, BFSI, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail) for which carbon neutral data center services are offered?
• Which region is the largest market for the global carbon neutral data center market?
• What are the expected future scenario and revenue generated by different regions and countries such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Japan, China, the U.K., and Rest-of-the-World in the carbon neutral data center market?
• What is the competitive strength of the key players in the carbon neutral data center market on the basis of the analysis of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
• Where do the key carbon neutral data center companies lie in their competitive benchmarking compared to the factors of market coverage and market potential?
• How are the adoption scenario, related opportunities, and challenges impacting the carbon neutral data center markets?
• How is the government programs and initiatives landscape across different regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Japan, China, and Rest-of-the-World?
• Which are the leading consortiums and associations in the carbon neutral data center market, and what is their role in the market?
• What are the market dynamics of the carbon neutral data center market, and what is the impact of these dynamics in the market, including market drivers, restraints, and opportunities?
• How does the value chain of the carbon neutral data center look like and which are the major segments?